Porcelain veneers, also known as porcelain laminates, have been around for decades. Akin to thin ceramic shells that are bonded to the front of the teeth, these are primarily used to improve the appearance of teeth (colour, size and shape), and also to help preserve and protect the natural teeth. They are sometimes also used to remedy dental conditions, such as cracked and chipped teeth, uneven teeth and misaligned teeth.
Here are five reasons why porcelain veneers may be worth the hype:
- Self-Esteem: Porcelain veneers can be life changing for people who feel like their smile is not aesthetically pleasing. Veneers can be used to cover up discolored teeth, gaps between teeth, or misshapen teeth, with shade options as bright and glamourous or natural as the patient desires. For those who have always been self-conscious or embarrassed about their teeth and avoided smiling, this can be liberating and open up a new world of confidence.
- Fast Smile Makeovers: Porcelain veneers can create a whiter and straighter smile in only a few comfortable visits – unlike braces or orthodontic aligners which need to be worn all day for months and sometimes even years. A GlamSmile partner dentist in particular can completely transform a smile with porcelain veneers in as little as 2 visits! While there are many other tooth whitening products available, they require time to lighten teeth and often the results are temporary. Porcelain veneers, on the other hand give immediate results by covering up stains and discoloration, they aren’t prone to staining like natural teeth, and allow you to flaunt your brilliant new smile right away!
- Minimally-Invasive: Unlike more invasive treatments such as dental crowns (which require a significant amount of natural tooth tissue to be destroyed), porcelain veneers are a more conservative way of improving your smile in a very short amount of time. GlamSmile Porcelain Veneers are a step ahead of other veneers as they use state of the art ultra-thin and durable veneers, and require little to no tooth prep – making them a much more comfortable and less invasive treatment alternative to other cosmetic dental procedures.
- Easy Maintenance: Porcelain Veneers are super easy to maintain. Once your smile makeover is completed, you do not need to follow any elaborate maintenance routine to care for them. How long veneers last truly depends on the environment they live in. Ideal oral hygiene and at-home care should be followed just as your dentist or hygienist would recommend. Daily brushing and flossing, combined with regular visits to your dentist for a professional clean and occasional polish should keep your smile in great shape. What also helps is the fact that they are stain resistant.
- Subtle or Showstopping? It’s your choice! Whether you prefer a dazzling Hollywood smile, or a gorgeously natural and healthy-looking smile – veneers offer both discrete or dramatic enhancement to balance, colour, shape and size of teeth depending on the desires of each patient. Porcelain veneers are practically undetectable, as they are made to resemble and closely mimic natural teeth. When performed correctly, veneers are unnoticeable by all but the closest inspection. Also, as they are specifically designed to fit your mouth and supporting facial structures, they are comfortable and should not interfere with smiling, speaking or eating.
- Designed to Last: Just like out natural teeth, veneers can last for a long time as long as they are cared for properly and treated with respect. Following good oral hygiene and avoiding bad habits will protect your veneers and teeth to ensure they can last for many years. As they are made out of porcelain, which is stronger than natural tooth enamel and harder than most other dental materials. In fact, porcelain is one of the most durable dental materials available today. With correct care, you could easily look at having them for 12-15 years or even more.
Finding the Right Dentist
GlamSmile partner dentists across Australia offer a range of quality, beautiful and affordable porcelain veneers to suit more smile, in most cases without the destructive and painful tooth preparation required for traditional porcelain veneers. GlamSmile porcelain veneers are significantly more affordable when compared to other porcelain veneer options. They are designed and crafted using advanced technology and processes and require minimal tooth preparation – saving time for the dentist and allowing those savings to be passed on to patients.
To learn more, you can connect with any of our certified dentists across Australia. To find participating dentist closest to you, click here.